Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level II (First Holy Communion)
"The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for." (CCC, #27)
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) is a beautiful Montessori type program for our children preparing for First Holy Communion in 2nd grade. Prior to 2nd grade, children ages 3-6 can also begin forming their minds and hearts in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level I.
CGS Level II Schedule
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level II (First Communion Classes) are offered:
- Wednesdays 5:00 - 6:30 PM Rooms #9 and #10 OR
- Thursdays 5:00 - 6:30 PM Rooms #9 and #10
- Family must be registered in the Parish
- Register for Religious Education (and provide birth and baptismal certificates if the child was NOT baptized at St. Andrew's)
- Attend Parent Meetings
- Attend the Sacrament Day Retreat in February
- First Reconciliation (Confession) is in the Spring
- First Holy Communion Mass is usually the first weekend in May
Please see the Parents Information Booklet and the Parents First Holy Communion Handbook for CGS Level II Students requirements and learning objectives.